The Bell was ordered from France and installed in 1908. It is dedicated to St. Boniface, the “great Apostle of Germany”. Jules Robert Fonderie Speciale de Grosses Cloches of Nancy, France, made the bell.
Most of the cost was paid by Joe Heppner, with the rest coming from a collection taken up on the occasion of its blessing by Father Lacombe (Sept. 6, 1908).
See “In the Shadow of the Cross St. Henry’s 1907-1982″ by Rev. J. McElgunn, pages 24-25.
Photos courtesy of Pat and Pete King.